1. How to become a volunteer?
Leave us your details using the interest form below. We will contact you in February as soon as the registration platform opens.
2. Is there a minimum age to volunteer?
Children aged 10 to 13 can also sign up but they must be accompanied by an adult who will be on the site with them. The adult must accompany the young volunteer and make sure he is on-time, diligent and follows the rules.
3. What types of activities are done by volunteers?
- Services to individuals: reception on competition sites, hotels and at Aéroport de Montréal, clerk at the competition sites’ cafeterias.
- Assistance for on-site sports competitions: Scorekeeper, timekeeper, results and anti-doping agent, etc.
- Material resources: assembly and dismantling, store clerk.
- Entertainment: entertainment area and opening ceremonies agents, mascots, tour guides.
- Transportation: Drivers and assistant drivers.
- Protocol: Agents at awards ceremony, guest escorts.
- Medical team
4. To volunteer, do I have to be available every day?
5. Can a friend, family member or colleague volunteer at the same place as me?
6. Can I volunteer with a group?
7. Should I have an e-mail address to register as a volunteer?
8. Am I automatically accepted after signing up online?
9. CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO MY ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION FORM?
You cannot change your choice of activity or schedule online. That must be done by telephone (514-933-2739 ext. 228) or e-mail (email@example.com). We ask that you describe clearly the changes to be made and do not forget to sign your message with your first and last name.
10. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF CAN NO LONGER VOLUNTEER?
11. Do you reimburse public transportation?
12. Do I have to pay my parking
13. DOES DÉFI SPORTIF ALTERGO PROVIDE MEALS TO VOLUNTEERS?
14. Are there information and training sessions for volunteers?
Training about interactions with people with functional limitations is also offered.
In some cases, additional specific training is required so that volunteers can be fully efficient on site.
The time and place of the general volunteer meeting will be specified in the schedule confirmation email.
15. Are the general and specific trainings mandatory?
Specific training is required to ensure smooth running of activities in a given area. In some cases, you might not be able to perform all the tasks of your assigned position if you did not get specific training.
However, no volunteer will be expelled for not following either training.